The lovely Kirsti over on A Quick Succession on Busy Nothings tagged me in the Sisterhood of the World Award.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominator ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.
1. What’s your favourite Harry Potter book? (Come on, everyone has one)
This is an easy question, The Prisoner of Azkaban. I love Lupin SO MUCH and he was, hands down, the best Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher the kids had in all the years at Hogwarts.
2. What’s the book/series that everyone raves about but you just didn’t get?
As far as books go, probably The Book Thief. It was okay but so many people loved it and I had a whole bunch of problems with the book.
3. Which real world places do you want to visit because of a book?
There is a whole lot of real world places I want to visit but not because of books I read and more because I want to go to there due to people living there or my general travel interest. Maybe though, having grown up with the works of Astrid Lindgren has made me that excited for Sweden that I wanted to study there.
4. What bookish merchandise are you dying to get your hands on?
Well, I have posters for all of John Green’s books. I’m pretty sure there was something I wanted but can’t think of at this moment which is typical. At this point, I am more into TV merchandise and I would love, love, LOVE a working, real Farnsworth from Warehouse 13. That would be so cool.
5. What’s your most anticipated book of 2015?
I really don’t know, mostly because I have no idea what books will be released in 2015 and so far, I’m not reading any series where I know there will be a sequel. Maybe once I’m done with Wilfair I will be joining in the squeeeing party, not yet though.
6. Which book character do you wish you could be best friends with?
Emm, Hermione, duh! I also have an incredible soft spot for Ginny Weasley even though so many people don’t like her. (And, shockingly, I also have a headcanon of Ginny and Hermione ending up together.) I also want to be friends with Maeve from Leaving Unknown/The Good Luck Girl because I’m pretty sure we would get on splendidly with each other. I mean, she likes braiding her hair and wears colourful knee socks. What’s not to like? We could go running together though I’m pretty sure she is way better than me. Damn, now I want to re-read Leaving Unknown.
7. What’s the last book you gave five stars to?
Easy, Watched by C.J. Lyons. I immediately recommended it to Kirsti, btw.
8. Which secondary character do you wish would get their own book?
Um, I really, do not know. I looked over my shelves, my last read books and I don’t know. Maybe Neville’s adventures as a teacher at Hogwarts.
9. Which author, alive or dead, do you wish you could meet in person?
This has been my answer for a long time and I foresee it being my answer to this question for a substantial time in the future, Virginia Woolf. I adore the way she was so ahead of her times and I love her writing style. I first read her in 12th grade and she has not let me go ever since.
10. How many books do you own?
Do you really expect me to count them? You have seen part of my shelves during VEDA and I am really too lazy to count them all, especially since I never know if that includes all my childhood books stored away in boxes as well.
Thanks a lot, Kirsti, for tagging me and all. I’m not going to continue the tag though because I hate coming up with questions and tagging people but if you feel inclined to, you can answer the questions above, maybe, possibly. That would be cool. Kthxbai.