The Rules (because every society and award needs them):
- State 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and set 11 questions for them to answer. These bloggers are supposed to be new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Include the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or the side bar.
11 facts about me:
- The lyrics to the songs from the Buffy musical episode pop into my head at least once a day, every day.
- I am afraid of fire.
- If I could woo women with my emo poetry, I would be a happy lady.
- I drink Coke, not Pepsi.
- If I could go back in time to when I decided what kind of career I wanted, I would to try and get into police work of some sort.
- I know more about American politics than German.
- I will have to sing a solo in this years production of ‘Around the World in 80 Days’.
- Point 7 terrifies but also makes me really giddy.
- Spring and Fall are my favourite seasons of the year.
- I love writing with fountain pens.
- I’m thankful I don’t have to come up with another fact about myself.
- What is your earliest memory?
Not a good one. My dad pushing my mother into the wall at his office near Cologne. He used so much force that it left a dent in the plastering of the wall. I have never told anyone about this until just now.
- What do you consider to be the biggest scientific breakthrough of all time?
Curing cancer? I’m not sure. Inventing beaming or teleportation but maybe I’m just being selfish there.
- What is your favorite color? Why?
Do you really have to ask? Green, because it’s beautiful and also the colour of my eyes.
- If you could pick one city to live in for the rest of your life, where would you choose?
Oh, wow, this is a difficult question, so difficult. I’m not sure right now. For a long time, I thought it would be Stockholm but I’m not so sure anymore.
- What is your favorite video game?
I was never a big gamer. Usually the loading of a game is enough for me to get bored and wanting to do something else. I did play some Sims and always liked it. Does Tetris count? Oh, wait, I know, Plants vs. Zombies!
- If you could go back in time and change one thing about your life, what would you pick?
I feel like I accidentally answered this in the facts section already. I would try out a different career path.
- What’s the ideal temperature for your home?
Something around low 20s (that is Celsius for you American weirdos). Maybe even 19, depends on the room, really.
- What is your favorite movie ever?
Whoa, easy soldier, you really are into asking difficult questions, are you? Much like it is with books, just picking one favourite movie is difficult. So I’ll give you three. Star Wars, My Girl and Casablanca.
- Why did you start your blog?
Because I thought it would be cool and maybe I get famous (#truestory).
- What is the earliest acceptable date for people to start hanging Christmas lights?
Beginning of December.
- Shower or bath? Why?
Shower, I don’t like taking baths. It takes forever and is really boring. I don’t find anything about sitting in a hot tub of water relaxing.
And that’s it from me. I know I am supposed to tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions but (a) I am terrible at coming up with questions and (b) with every award I want to tag the same people. I haven’t started following a whole bunch of new bloggers. I currently can’t even keep up with those I’ve been following for a long time.
Thanks, AE for nominating me. Love your blog! If you haven’t checked him out, do so. Now! Seriously!
Not too long ago the lovely Paul from Return to the 80s nominated me for this award again. Return to the 80s is pretty cool ifyou love 80s music and pop culture in general, I can only nudge nudge wink wink you into checking out his blog. On with his questions then!
- Favorite vacation spot?
- Favorite color?
Green, this should be a no-brainer, given my blog’s style.
- Favorite black and white movie?
Casablanca. There is just something to Humphry Bogart’s Rick. I have watched this movie many times and am still not sick of it. Honorary mention, Murder She Said based on the novel by Agatha Christie. Of course this is the Margaret Rutherford edition I’m talking about.
- Favorite superhero?
Umm, I’m not much into superheroes. Sorry.
- Favorite Muppet?
Kermit. I even own a It’s not easy bein’ green jacket.
- Favorite television show?
Oh god, this is tough. For comedies, FRIENDS, drama The West Wing. From the 80s, Remington Steele, the first 3 seasons, especially the last one was shit.
- Favorite book?
Again with the choosing!! The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff.
- Favorite nerdy franchise?
- Favorite Professional wrestler?
Ahahahaha, sorry, why would I want to watch men in tight spandex wrestle? Sorry, but that is just so not my sport.
- Favorite ’80s movie?
I wanted to say Silence of the Lambs but that was released in 1991. Sucks. Star Wars Episode VI, ha!!
- If you were in The Breakfast Club, which character would you be?
(a) The Brain (Brian) – Anthony Michael Hall
(b) The Jock (Andy) – Emilio Estevez
(c) The Criminal (Bender) – Judd Nelson
(d) The Princess (Claire) – Molly Ringwald
(e) The Basket Case (Allison) – Ally Sheedy
I haven’t seen Breakfast Club in a long time but I guess I would be The Basket Case.
Okay, thanks again for nominating me!!