People, people, gather around cause I’ve been tagged again. It’s been a while and it’s easier than coming up with something witty and interesting on my own. So, today I will be answering the 11 questions posted by 2CagedBirds.
The Rules, ’cause everything has rules and I’m a follower, go like this:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag eleven people with a link to your post.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Now onto the questions…
1. Who was your first crush, and what was so special about him/her?
I’m not entirely sure if he was my first crush but I cannot remember anyone else and I always felt very strongly about him, from the moment we met in school. I still thank my german lit teacher for seating him next to me. We never were a real couple but he turned out to become my best friend which is so much better since it would never have worked out between the two of us.
2. What “guilty pleasure” do you have? I want the one you’d be embarrassed to admit to your friends.
I don’t know what to answer. There aren’t a lot of things I like to do but am ashamed of. After looking up ‘guilty pleasure‘ on Wikipedia I am not smarter. Maybe the 3 days which I ate a bag of potato chips each. 3 bags in 3 days…I know it’s not healthy and the calories and all but they just taste so good. But am I embarrassed to admit this? No!
3. What is one thing you suck at that you wish you could do perfectly?
Grammar and punctuation. I really suck at it. And if I could be less lazy and more productive it would be a nice change as well.
4. Who is your hero?
Hero is maybe an odd word for it but I’m going with my grandma on this one. I was partially raised by her cause I spent every day my mom was at work at her place. She helped me with my homework, drove me to and from tennis, school and track. She taught me a lot about valuing money. I was not always happy with her butting her nose into my life and she as well as mom used to play me against each other, which I hated but other than that she amazes me because she is so strong. My grandpa got sick very early and died even before I got into school so she’s been on her own for nearly 20 years now. And even in her late 70s, she still doesn’t get to rest because she has to help me take care of her sick child and my mother. I know it is so hard on her which breaks my heart.
5. What is one unexpected thing you find sexy about another person?
Um, no clue?!!! Does it need to be one thing on one special person or just in general? But as you’re awaiting an answer, I’ll be going with … curly long hair…I know this one girl, her hair just looks so nice. It’s curly like my own but longer and… yes, I think shiny wavy hair is sexy. Shut up!
6. If you were stuck watching 3 movies for the rest of your life, what would they be?
First of all, let me tell you I’m actually more of a series kinda girl. I enjoy watching movies but they don’t come close to my passion for Bones, Gilmore Girls, The West Wing, 30 Rock and so on. If I had to go with the movies though I would choose the Harry Potter Saga, the old Star Wars Trilogy and Casablanca. I know I’m cheating on this but I can’t help myself.
7. What is your favorite book?
Again with the choosing thing. This is really hard for a book-lover like myself!! Anyways, I’m going with ‘Leaving Unknown’ by Kerry Reichs (The Good Luck Girl in the UK) because I won’t mind reading it over and over again. A close runner up for that top spot would be ‘The Monsters of Templeton’ by Lauren Groff. I love it. Lauren also wrote a nice volume of short stories, which coming from me, is a HUGE compliment since I’m not too into short stories.
8. Biggest pet peeve?
I have a lot of them but maybe matching clothes like a tracksuit is one top candidate. But there is a lot more where that came from, like people that think speed limits do not apply to them, people who drive like they’re asleep, students who ask questions about stuff the teacher or prof just answered a minute ago…do I need to go on?!
9. Chocolate chip-cookies: nuts or no nuts?
Definitely no nuts. I dislike nuts, strongly dislike them. There is one sort of candy in Germany and I love it but it has a whole hazelnut in the middle which I personally find disgusting. So what does little Miss Upton do? She eats the pieces of candy around the nut and places the nut back into the wrapper it came from. It’s a bit disgusting, I admit to that but why do they need to put a nut inside in the first place? This is really not my fault. Then again, I eat peanuts…I guess it depends on the context and the kind of nut. #crazy
10. What was your favorite childhood toy?
I loved my doll Charlotte which I nicknamed Scha-Scha. And then I had a backpack full of detective stuff, like brushes, evidence bags, a magnifying glass, survival handbook, swiss army knife…The backpack itself was ugly cause it was pink…but I loved running around, pretending to investigate stuff.
11. What’s one thing you wish everyone knew about you?
Probably that I’m gay because it would keep me from having to tell each and every one of the people I know sooner or later. Well, I don’t really plan on doing so but if I could send out an instant mental message to everyone and let them know it would be nice I guess.
Oh boy, here I thought answering the questions was the hard part but now I have to come up with 11 questions on my own? Phew.
1. What’s the place or country you would want to visit the most if you could just pack your bags and go?
2. What do a lot of people assume about you which is not true at all?
3. What is your favourite number?
4. Do you use hand sanitisers when they are provided?
5. What was the first concert you ever went to see?
6. Calling or texting/IMing?
7. What is your favourite TV show?
8. How old were you when you moved away from your parent(s)?
9. What is your pen of choice?
10. Your best childhood memory?
11. What would be your dream profession if your not already working it?
I won’t be tagging 11 people but here are my choices anyway: Addie from Betwixt and Between, This Labyrinth I Roam for purely selfish reasons ’cause I want her to post again :D, Charleen, Novia, HoneyImALesbian and Lauren at thoughtsonmybookshelf. Feel free to answer these questions even if I haven’t tagged you :)