1. When you were a child what was the hardest or scariest thing in the world (i.e. movie, book, chore, etc.) to you that as an adult is neither hard nor scary?
I love radio plays, my love for them started very young with a bunch of cassettes featuring a talking elephant (maybe this is where my love for elephants comes from?!) who lives in a zoo and undergoes a lot of adventures. His name is Benjamin Blümchen (Benjamin Floret). There’s this one episode Benjamin Blümchen becomes a clown in a circus stationed in Neustadt and for some reason the circus tent comes crashing down. I was very young when I heard this episode, I believe I wasn’t able to read yet cause I have this memory of me listening to the beginnings of the tapes and then matching them to the pictures on the casings. So I was very young and when I heard the tent crashing down I ran out of my room, waiting for it to be over and I never listened to that episode ever again! I still haven’t listened to it again even though I think it’s not scary anymore but I kinda like to say that I never listened to it again which is why I won’t get the tape out of its box and listen to it. Also my cassette-deck is broken, so it wouldn’t even work.
2. If you were offered the chance to be a cooking star on a Food Network show, which of these three would you choose for a mentor: Bobby Flay, Giada de Laurentis or Alton Brown?
I have no idea who those people are, sorry. Oh, and I dislike cooking shows because to me they are boring. My mom watches them constantly but never does cook any of the recipes shown on the shows. I just don’t get what is so great about them. So I would take neither of them as a mentor. (Boy, I hope that neither is an acceptable answer during this meme :D)
3. What is your favorite theme offered by your blogging platform that you are not using and what theme do you absolutely hate? Provide links to both along with your explanation.
My favorite theme on WordPress is Manifest because it is so simple and clean. For the theme I absolutely hate I’d have to choose Koi because I really dislike it. It’s orange (not saying I dislike orange) and with the ornaments on top it’s just really not my style. It reminds me of the mediterranean tiles my granny picked out because they look oh-so-warm but I hate them nonetheless. Those tiles may belong to a holiday house somewhere in Spain but not into an old house in Germany and it’s similar to the Koi theme. I prefer cold colors and clean styles.
4. Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
No one! I wrecked my brain hard, trying to remember someone I’m sorry for not having contact with them anymore but I can’t say there is one. Naturally I lost track of people but I think it’s for the better. I’m usually one to try to keep in touch but when I don’t feel like the other one is making an effort to stay close as well than I just give up at some point. So far I haven’t looked back and regretted it.
5. What would you take to a deserted island?
My best friend so I’d have someone to talk to and have fun with. An internet connection to stay in touch with the rest of my friends and an infinite supply of books so I won’t get bored out of my mind. Also I would finally have the time to read everything I ever wanted to read.
6. If you could get into the mind of anyone (living or dead) and read all their thoughts, whose mind would you choose to raid?
Hmmmmm. As much as I would like to sometimes read some of the thoughts of people there is no one in particular I want to read all thoughts of. I believe that not knowing is far more interesting than knowing everything, why else would I need my mind to try and figure out what’s going on *g*
7. What are the entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to your side of the bed?
I haven’t opened that drawer in forever but in there where a bunch of radio plays on tape and CD. Benjamin Blümchen, Bibi and Tina, The three ??? and Paul Temple. Also found in there, a wide collection of bookmarks, some old and some newer. Oh, and one attempt of a love letter or a part of it at least. It must be quite old for I haven’t written into that binder (out of which the paper was) for a long time.
8. What is the one thing you have in your dorm, apartment, or house that you never want your parents to find.
Clean and simple, my diary. Do I really need to elaborate this?
9. Your daughter is having a sleepover for her 12th birthday. Around 8:00 pm a thunderstorm knocks out power. How do you entertain twelve pre-teen girls when all the cell-phone batteries have died?
I dig out a flashlight and start to tell a scary story. After introducing some characters and the setting I give the flashlight to the girl next to me so she continues the story. They have to go around the room completing it. I have no idea what to do with 12-year old girls, but I hope this would keep them entertained for a while. If not, I’d have to be super quick in coming up with something else less boring o_O
10. What aspect/trait about your personality are you most sensitive about (as in, you wouldn’t stand anyone criticizing about this one aspect)?
My stubbornness. I believe I’m entitled to it and also to doing things my way. I kind of have a problem with authority, I don’t like being told what to do and I might even do the exact opposite of it just to piss people off. In my opinion this goes hand in hand with me not liking to ask for help. I’d rather run around the entire hardware store 3 times instead of asking a person who works there for directions. I’m THAT stubborn and independent.
11. Mr. Tom Baker has had two previous virtual nude dinner parties. He is now inviting you, his blogger friends to his home for a real nude dinner party. This is not a virtual dinner party; it is the real thing with all expenses paid and the usual five course dinner prepared by him. Will you or will you not be present at said nude party?
All expenses paid? I’m in, regardless of the nude thing because everyone coming to this dinner party would be nude so I don’t think it would be a big problem even though I’m no nudist. The good thing would be though, that no pants would cut into my belly and I won’t look fat :D
12. What one piece of movie memorabilia from which movie would you love to own?
Almost anything from the Star Wars Episodes IV-VI but the most I’d want to have is a light saber or the original R2D2 or a Storm Trooper uniform. Do I really have to choose only one?
13. If literary characters were real and you could interview any one of them, who would it be and what’s the first question you would ask?
I went up and down my bookshelves, trying to decide if I wanted to sound smart and thus drop a big intimidating name or if I should try and be cool. I couldn’t decide (or was I unable to be smart or cool?). I guess, I would interview Thursday Next out of Jasper Ffordes Thursday Next series. The first thing I would ask is: “Can you teach me how to jump into fiction like you do?” And then her answer would better be yes.
With that knowledge, I could travel inside fiction, live a semester in Hogwarts, go to see Mr. Darcy, laugh with Jeeves about Bertie Wooster’s dumb mistakes… There is no end to places I’d travel inside the world of fiction. Maybe I’d get lost there and never return, trapped in some poem, who knows.
14. If you had to choose a theme song for yourself from only the Classical genre, which song would it be?
It’s light hearted, festive and makes me think of Pride and Prejudice, not sure why. I just love this piece by Carl Friedrich Abel. I think it would be a great theme for myself because it makes me happy when I listen to it, it has a soft side without being depressing. Just plain beauty *sigh*
15. What is your most quirky habits.
I can’t sleep with my pajama bottoms on. Maybe in winter when I’m really cold, I wear them to bed or if I’m in a hotel or staying over at another person’s but other than that I only wear them around the house until I go to sleep. Was that quirky enough?
16. When was the last time you took the time to act like a child and what did you do?
I like to jump down stairs instead of walking them, just the other day I ignored the 4 or 5 steps and just jumped down to the ground. This sometimes makes my feet hurt but it’s also a lot of fun and scares the adults around :D
Oh, and then I like to push myself off the ground while driving a shopping cart, so I’m kinda floating around the parking lot. This doesn’t work with every cart though, on some, I can’t push myself off the ground because they’re built stupidly. Was that childlike enough? If not, here are some more childlike actings of mine.
17. If there was ever a past relationship, (friend or otherwise), that you could go back and mend, would you? Who would it be with, and why?
To me, this sounds very similar to #4 and again I’d have to say there is not one relationship I’d like to mend. I believe relationships break up for reasons, because every person changes, grows, learns new stuff and who’s to say you grow parallel to the other people in your life? Some of them, you grow closer with and others you grow apart from, that simple. Why be remorseful because you developed in a different direction than some of your former friends? My oldest and best friends I know from my time in high school and there’s a reason they are still in my life such as there are reasons others are not. So far, I don’t regret any of the decisions I’ve made in that department.
18. What would you do if all of your followers left comments daily and would be it be too much for you to handle? Would you hire someone to answer comments for you?
As I have less than 70 followers I don’t think it would be too much to handle at the moment. But hiring someone to answer the comments seems strange to me. I explained above how I dislike asking for help and hiring someone to answer my comments would be asking for help and thus I wouldn’t do it easily.
19. Do you know how far back your ancestry goes on either side of your family tree? How far?
I have no idea, I know there are great-gradparents on my mother’s side and grandparents on my father’s but since I haven’t even seen my father in a couple of years, much less his parents I don’t even know if they’re still alive. I don’t have a lot of knowledge about my ancestry only little snippets of what my granny told me. I don’t believe it is really important for me to know either, I guess it’s nice to know, especially when it shows you’re related to a famous author or politician or so but other than that, I dunno.
20. If you could compare yourself to anything in the universe, what would you compare yourself to? Why?
– For instance, someone might choose the Phoenix because it’s reborn from its ashes, Someone who derives strength from pain and failures and tries to rise above them all might select the Phoenix.
This is a very hard question for me. Maybe a wild stream with rocks in it, the water constantly in movement, never standing still. It would be a very clear little river, so you could see through it to the ground, clear and cold but very beautiful when the sun shines upon it.
Why would I compare myself to this little, perfect, clear and cold river? Because I’m looking at some very nice pictures on my walls and I can’t think of anything else at the moment. Also I like it.
Life never stands still, like a river. I come off as cold sometimes but when you get to know me well then you see that this coldness results out of me being protective of my poor little heart and being shy. Just like when you put your feet into cold water. In the beginning it feels as if they’re freezing but after a while, when you’re walking in the cold water, you don’t feel the coldness anymore and afterwards your feet will feel really nice and warm.
2012 Community Network Meme Participation List
I Shall Be A Toad
Betwixt And Between
The World According To Sylvia Garza
Lazy Happy Bored Happy Sad
Life With Blondie
The Way I Live Naturally
Ramblings Of An Office Girl
Walking The Labyrinth
Sleep And Salami
Life Of Carbon